Wednesday 28 March 2007

New Resolutions

I have finally decided to make a firm commitment to getting my blog going. This is a big step, since I am not really one for commitment!

A number of things have happened since I last wrote a blog. I recently turned 29, so I would say that almost qualifies me for an almost mid-life crisis. I have also had another car accident and have now decided it is time to sell my car and move on.

I think that this birthday should be the equivalent of a new year's celebration. And of course it would include New Years resolutions. Resolutions are generally empty promises made, especially after a bottle of two of bubbly. But I am determined to stick to them as much as possible. Of course I won’t make too many, that's just silly!

So here they are:
Be healthier – this includes going to gym, eating healthy and (of course) losing weight.
Buy a new car! And not have any more accidents!
Maybe have a relationship longer than the usual (by my standards), just to shake things up a bit, for a change of scenery... though this may be too much commitment for me to handle….

Of course I can add on to this list at will, but I think starting small may just work! No need to overwhelm myself just yet!

As a start, I have salad and veggies for lunch and eat something healthy when I go out for dinner with my parents. I will either go for a walk around my suburb or run up and down my stairs, depending on the weather. I would go to gym, but since I have no car, that's a mission! Hopefully this will lead to fulfilling the clichéd resolution of weight loss.

About a car…. as soon as it’s fixed it's getting sold.

A relationship…. Hhhmmmm…. This will be the most challenging resolution. But it's a long one to go into, so I'll skip the explanation.

So that was all a tad boring, but at least I have started!

I promise more entertaining stuff to follow!!

No comments: