Friday 8 October 2010

‘I’m a 107-year-old virgin’

Britain’s oldest virgin says her longevity is thanks to her never having sex.

Clara Meadmore recently celebrated her 107th birthday and says she never bothered bumping nasties with anyone because it seemed like too much hassle. Clara says she knew she would stay single from the age of 12 and focused on her career.

“People have asked whether I am a homosexual and the answer is no. I have just never been interested in or fancied sex,” says Clara.

“I imagine there is a lot of hassle involved. I have always been busy doing other things. “I’ve never been bothered about relationships."

“When I was a girl you only had sex with your husband and I never married.” - Daily Voice

Excuse me?? This is by far one of the most confusing stories I've read in a while. I understand that in the (very) old days, you didn't just sleep around and virginity was something to be cherished. But really? 107 years?

She says that she wanted to focus on her career. Fair enough, except that back in the 1920's careers were not what they are now... She could've been a clerk of some sort, a nurse, a teacher or a factory worker. Hardly a high flying career worth giving up sex for!

I agree that sex does sometimes complicate things and once in a while throws life a bit off balance, but just not to even try it? If you're busy doing other stuff, why not throw a little bit of sex into the mix?

Why you would be happy to live for SO long, without the finer pleasures in life, like sex, drinking, having fun and late nights? It just makes no sense to me! Here's bowing out before I hit 80!

No comments: