Thursday 13 September 2007

6 years on....

It occurred to me yesterday, on the famous 9/11, that I have been single for almost 6 years now. This time 6 years ago, I had a fantastic boyfriend and was very happy. I remember smsing by boyfriend, who was in a diving course, to tell him about the World Trade Centre while I was watching the second plane hit.

6 years….

There have been ‘boyfriends’ in between but I don’t think they would fit the proper classification. Usually, they were of a more casual nature, assholes or just not into the whole thing, and the same could be said for me.

So I was thinking about whether this would continue for another 6 years. Will I be in the same position when the 10 year anniversary comes around? What if I am? What then? I will be in my 30’s and surely should at least have a serious relationship behind me. Isn’t that the way these things work?

Though perhaps if I am single, I can catch the second round of guys - those who have had long relationships or been married and divorced? Of course there is always the danger of baggage…. kids, bitchy ex wives, and possible irreparable damage caused by all these bad relationships. And I don’t particularly like damaged goods! But don’t get me wrong, everyone is damaged in some way, it all depends on the degree.

So, I think I may have to resign myself and buckle down for another 6 single years…. Though you never know, with all the natural disasters and freaks of nature and global warming going on these days, me settling down may be included?

No comments: