Tuesday 6 November 2007

You wear what to gym?

I went to gym yesterday, as you do when attempting to get ready for the looming beach season.

It was all good, I cycled my ass off (unfortunately not literally) and got ready to go home feeling very good about myself.

And then I saw it…. A guy coming out if the change room, wearing… wait for it… bright luminous pink poly shorts, a grey vest that didn’t really cover his boep and two bright blue knee guards! What an assault on my tired eyes!

It seemed that everyone else was just as speechless. I wasn’t the only one staring or giggling. Good lord! I hope he’s toned it down for today!

And why do they still even make poly shorts or actually sell them to people who are clearly not athletes or going to be running a marathon? I once saw Heinz Winkler wearing them, while stretching on a railing…. We waited for his package to pop out so we could point and laugh, but alas, this did not happen. Sigh.

1 comment:

The Divine Miss M said...

Fantastic! I love it!

Sounds like an average day at my stylish office ;)