Sunday 8 January 2012

Just a little something about me...

I can't wait around (and shouldn't be expected to) for someone to decide whether I'm the one they want, that I'm good enough for them and that I'm actually what they're looking for. I am not a consolation prize… I’m first prize.

Love me and choose me for me. I'm a great catch. I have so much to give. I just need a chance to show it.

I should not have to be compared with other girls for you to realise how great I actually am. You should see it and be happy with it and love it.  And not wonder if there is something better.

I will not play games. It should be straightforward and open. We are past that, it’s unnecessary. If you don't know what you really want, you need to decide first before you start the journey or at least be honest about it throughout.  Don't lead people on. It’s not fair to them to play with their emotions... especially people who don't open up easily because of past pain and disappointment.

You're not the only one who has been hurt or who has cried so hard because of someone else that you didn't think you'd survive it. But you did. And you learnt and grew from it. Don't be that person who taught you the lesson... Be the person who teaches in a good way, through love and honesty, not pain, hurt and selfishness.

Be a decent guy. Honesty and straightforwardness are appreciated. It may be hard to hear but it is appreciated in the long run, it saves a lot of future pain and sadness.

There is always risk involved, you just need to put your big girl panties on and give it a try. Sure, you could get your heart broken again but you could also find that one person who makes your heart so happy you think it will burst! You need to take a chance or you'll never find out.   

If you want to date me, just ask. There’s a good chance I’ll say yes and give it my best shot. All I ask is that you treat me right and we’ll be happier than we ever dreamed possible.

No comments: