Thursday 5 January 2012

Here we go again…

So, it’s 2012. 2011 was a good year for the most part and I am going to reflect on what was and what will hopefully be. It’s a helpful tracking tool :)

So workwise, things went very well. I officially got a great new boss, was given more responsibility and got to work on the things I enjoy.  I’m hoping that things will keep going well this year… job hunting is just such a mission!

On the friend front, I spent some great times with really close friends and have developed some really special friendships with a group of girls who are similar but who each bring something new and different to the group. I also started a new bookclub due to irritation issues at the last one and it’s all going great! Decent books and decent conversation guaranteed once a month.

Health wise, I don’t know if I’ve ever been healthier! I saw a doctor twice the entire year (and once was a formality). I started working out with a personal trainer (whose company I actually enjoy and don’t mind the punishment) and have lost some centimetres and have firmed up a lot. My drinking has been a bit on the excessive side once in a while, but that’s easy to rein in along with my eating habits.

On the man front, what’s there to say… I dated someone for a couple months, it didn’t work out. I did learn a lesson or two, so it wasn’t all in vain. I’ve met some interesting guys along the way. I’ve had a few crushes, though nothing really came of any of them. But I guess that initial excitement is still fun, even considering the ego knocks.

I have a new house, my cat still loves me and my family is healthy! I also went to Italy for a couple weeks by myself in April and had a fantastic time! So all in all, a good year!

And now bring on 2012!! So, what are the plans for this year? What resolutions need to be made? I’m not really a fan of resolutions, especially just because it’s a new year – they should be made at any time really. But I suppose this is as good a time as any to start fresh and better yourself, so here goes!

I will not be a control freak. I never used to be SUCH a control freak… it seems that the lawyers (my clients) I work for are rubbing off on me. It’s not the worst thing in the world, it does help with my work and the events I do, but I really need to keep it out of my personal life! I used to be a more spontaneous, go-with-the-flow kind of person. Now I mentally plan as much as I can whenever I’m doing something. And of course this leads to some disappointment. So, I am going to make a conscious effort to stop (if all goes according to plan (: ). I will now make a suggestion or extend an invitation and if I get a response then good, if not, then I’ll find something else to do and someone else to spend time with. Easy!

I would like to have a healthy, happy, real relationship with a man. I’m ready for it and have a lot to offer, so I don’t see the problem. I just need someone who is on the same level, not someone who isn’t sure what he wants and would still like to keep his options open. I deserve to be the first and only choice. I am not settling for anything less. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want someone who will idolise me and do anything I ask (that just gets boring!) but just someone who respects me, who only has eyes for me and isn’t second guessing his choice.

And maybe I’ll try not to be so judgmental… though I’m not sure about that one. It’s just SO fun sometimes! But I can throw in positivity rather for the meantime, to keep the karma gods happy.

And of course the standard resolutions apply… lose weight, get fit and be more awesome (if at all possible)! :) And of course, I resolve to do some more regular blogging!

Well, good luck to those of you who are also attempting resolutions, let’s see if this really is the year to get it all done.

No comments: