Tuesday 5 June 2007

AARRGGHHH!!!

I am irritated. I am grumpy and people are pissing me off in general. Work is not the place to be when I am in a mood like this.

At work, there is little control over how others behave or what they do. There is also not really anywhere to go to remove yourself from an annoying situation. To top it off, I have a 2 hour committee meeting! And they are never fun, since I am the minute taker and therefore have to concentrate for the full 2 hours (my attention span is questionable). Though we do get sandwiches…

I have decided to use this post as a bit of a vent about things that irritate me….

The first one is WINTER. I am all dried up and flaky, the sun is only up at 7 and down at 5 and I can’t get out of bed in the mornings. This leads to being stuck in traffic. People are rude. They don’t let others in…. I try let at least 3 people into traffic every day (building up good karma) and taxis don’t count. If everyone was a little more courteous traffic would be so much easier and bearable!

Secondly, people who give you a job to do, where you have to use your own discretion and make decisions and then second guess it and eventually mess it up and tell you what they actually wanted and you were supposed to know this via osmosis. I just want to do something different and shake things up a bit so we aren’t stuck with the old, boring and mundane same old, same old!

Thirdly, people who are rude and people who never have anything good to say and who are unnecessarily critical. If you are rude to people in the service industry, they aren’t going to help you out, they are going to be even slower and give you more attitude. (I know, I worked in the industry for years as a student). My granny always said “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all”. I try and abide by this, though it is hard. And there are people who REALLY should! They spout negativity about anything they can think of, like a black cloud. It brings me down and grates me. There comes a time where you have think to yourself “Wow, I am being SO critical and negative, perhaps I should shut the hell up for a while?” I know I have! Eventually people are just going to avoid or ignore you… and then what?

That is my vent. I will endeavour to snap out of this mood or at least fake smile my way through the day. I am having dinner with a friend I haven’t seen in an age so there is something to look forward to.

And thatS I all I have to say about that….

1 comment:

Shugapaige said...

must say i'm feeling exactly the same today -
everyone is stepping on my toes since yesterday.. so i'm getting pretty agitated -

the cherry on the cake is - you get a 'project' you do everything possible (and more) - one day, everyone very impressed, the next day... oh no sorry, not what we really wanted... urrrggghh!!!!

good luck with the meetings!