Thursday 14 June 2007

I think I'm dying!

I've been booked off from work for the rest of the week! I have flu and bronchitis. I've got 4 different medicines and had a Voltaren injection in my bum. It wasn't as sore as i remember!

So i'm spending the next day in bed or watching movies on the couch.

Perhaps I should pay a visit to the girl who saw the Virgin Mary in her room at her parent’s house in Benoni.

As you know, I am not religious. So this story doesn’t really ring true for me. First off, she’s a teenager…. Who believes a teenager? Secondly, she is now not letting the press in anymore. Why not take advantage of the free publicity (for the sake of Catholic Church, who are in desperate need of supporters), even if it is intrusive. I mean, The Pope gets involved in this sort of thing and all sorts of other, literally, holier than thou people. Why not use it to push the catholic cause?

I want to know why she was the one who was ‘chosen’. If I were the Virgin Mary (yes, this is purely hypothetical) I would appear to someone who was on the border of non-believer. Of course I would be doing this to prove a point and say “Huh! Told you so!!” Wouldn’t that achieve more than appearing to the already converted? I suppose that would be why I’m not a deity or whatever (and I’m also not dead).

I was listening to the interview with her on 5FM and it just didn’t sound right or believable. Her stories are not in line iwht each tiher. She said that the Virgin told her to see people for 10 days (the 7-17 May, though she told the papers it was for 7 days…hmmmm….) but yet her story has only gone public now more than a month later. And her house is still open to strangers aka believers. She aslo said that the virgin appeared in May in one newspaper and in June in another paper. So, which is it? Why so shy all of a sudden?

Also has she been home all this time, missing school? What kind of deity would think it’s ok for someone to miss out on their education, especially during exam time? Unless the Virgin Mary is a civil servant?

But what I can say is she is a homophobe and doesn’t believe in equality! “She cried about abortions and gay marriages and told me this was not from God” WTF?! And after she said “I love all my children”? Huh? She needs to get her story straight! What’s next? Every woman deserves a good beating?

Either way, I am not converted but maybe after another bottle of cough mixture, I may feel different? Bottoms up!

1 comment:

phillygirl said...

Pahahahahahahaha. Even when you're sick as a dog, you make me laugh ;) Here's hoping the antibiotics do the trick by tomor.