Thursday 19 April 2007

All talk no action (ATNA)

When did men become all talk? I know it has always been going on but when did it become the fashion? And are we supposed to put up with it? I think not!!

At the moment I am stuck in such a situation. There is a guy (obviously) and we have been emailing backwards and forwards and have recently started with the smses. You can imagine the gist of the messages… little innuendos, hints and what could happen etc etc. But when it comes to the crunch, he chickens out. There is nothing more annoying than talking the situation up, only to be let down! It irritates the crap out of me! And then when I call it on him, the excuses come out. I had to work, I had plans, I was dying and so on.

Now this is not the only situation of ATNA that I have been exposed to in the last week. On Saturday, my brother and I went to a Ford dealer to look at the new Fiesta that I have my eye on as a replacement to my (very bad luck) car, in the near future. I test drove one and it was fantastic! I spoke to the sales guy and gave him all my details and exactly what I was looking for. He promised he would phone me on Monday before 12, once he had contacted the other dealers about what they had for me. It is now Thursday… and NOTHING! I left a message for him on Tuesday, and no call back. Yet another man suffering from ATNA.

I say we need to put a stop to this!!! Men need to grow some balls again and stop being such p*ussy’s!! I am going to take a stand and say “NO!!” to ATNA. I will no longer believe a man when he says he will do something and I plan to call him on it when he starts with the talk again!

4 comments:

phillygirl said...

Pahahahahaha. I'm with you, I'll say NO to ATNA! But these days, I can't really complain ;)

Shugapaige said...

AMEN sista!!

Been there, done that.. got the t-shirt and all the accessories... Have also had those experiences inthe past - all talk, no action - i think we intimidate them one way or the other - so yes, they need to grow some balls...

Louisa said...

Followed Phillygirl's link to get to your post...oh my word...this brings back alot of memories.
I had an OOD (Object of Desire) with whom I had the exact same situation - onlt eventually it turned out that he was actually gay!
I have to admit I have no gay-dar whatsoever..nada..none...zip...but have since and partly due to this experience decided that if a guy's shoes are cleaner than mine there is reason for suspicion.

WhizBangLouLou said...

Aahhh... the gay man. Quite an anomaly... they always manage to throw a spanner in the works, gaydar or none, one always slips through :)