Tuesday 24 April 2007

Karma...

I have been thinking about this whole karma thing of late. Is it a full pakage or do different things affect different areas? Are there categories? Relationship karma? General life karma? What's the deal?

I know all about bad relationship karma. I have been trying to get back into the good karma balance for a while now. Of course I do deserve a lot of the bad relationship karma going all the way back to high school. I was never a good girlfriend! And I guess it all came back to bite me in the ass. But I think it’s almost done. I really hope it is!

In the general karma department, I don’t see why I should have bad karma… I do charity work, I try to be nice to people, I pay my taxes and let people into the traffic (when I have a car). So why now, have I had such bad luck driving – only in the last 6 months, when I have had a licence for 11 years? I also got a speeding fine, (my secind in 11 years) on William Nicol, on the way to where I had my accident, the week before. Guns ‘n Roses cancelled and I have been dying to see them live since I was 14. My toilet seat has broken in half (while I was sitting on it – I got quite a fright!). And my cupboards have become infested with weevils and I have had to throw out every single wheat related product.

Now I understand that things could be much worse! I won’t jinx myself and put them in writing.

But is it bad karma or a situation of “When it rains, it pours”? What is to be done to remedy this? Should I do even more charity work? Take in strays (animals not men)? Become a Buddhist or vegetarian? Who knows???

Maybe once I get my car back, things will go back to normal, or when I buy a new one. Perhaps my car is possessed and I should get the Daily Sun to do a story on it… maybe they throw in a free sangoma to exorcise the demons…

3 comments:

phillygirl said...

That is a truly hysterical post! We should totally call the Daily Sun about your possessed car ;)

WhizBangLouLou said...

Maybe they'll pay me?

Phlippy said...

Whoa! That are kuk... sorry for your bad karma. Next time I see you remind me not to come anywhere near you in case it rubs off - LoL