Monday 16 April 2007

The Rules of the game…

When it comes to being single and dating, there are a lot of rules that have to be followed. Some are more flexible than others, but the fact remains that they are there for a reason. Personally I’m not a huge fan of rules so I don’t always follow them but I do respect them and try my utmost to do the right thing! I promise!

And they will follow, in no particular order….

Rule No 1

It is NEVER ok to move in on someone else’s territory (unless it’s been pre-arranged and agreed). For example, you have been working on a guy for a few weeks and have endeared yourself to him and are almost in there and next thing you know, your friend is over there moving in on your territory and your man. This is so not ok. It is also not ok for a friend to move in on a guy you have only just noticed.

There are a few things that should make it clear to your other single girlfriends (or gay friends) that you are interested in a guy and they should be heeded when hot (hopefully) single men around. Things such as “Bob is really nice, I really like him.”, “Joe has a toight ass, I wonder if he puts out”, “I would really like to get to know Zac better”, “John is so my type” are typical ways to say I plan on moving in on him, he’s off limits. It’s like calling “SHOTGUN!!” first.

However, there are always exceptions to the rules. A friend can be your ‘wing man’, but you need to choose her with care. A friend who is in a relationship is usually quite good. A bubbly, pretty friend with big boobs who everyone seems to like is not. She WILL steal your limelight. You have been warned….

Another exception is if you have told this friend that you aren’t all that interested and that she has the go-ahead, then it’s fine. Go for it! Or if you’re trying to rid yourself of someone, you can always do so with a willing friend who is prepared to take one for the team. But these must ALWAYS be confirmed in person and verbally. Playing hard to get or being shy does not mean it’s a free for all!

So that is rule number 1. There are many more where this one came from. But in future posts, I will focus on the important and possibly relationship breaking faux pas.

Up Next…. Making a move on, kissing, dating etc a friend’s ex. What to do???

1 comment:

Shugapaige said...

I like these rules... damn,
wish you had done this months ago, would have saved me from a lot of 'mistakes'..... - almost like a 'girls guide in the dating scene'.....