Thursday 26 April 2007

Updates and random stuff

Ok…. This post will be a sort of update on some previous posts. Regarding the ATNA post, the buy mentioned FINALLY came through and acted out some of the talk. Much to my relief… J But I think that will be that, since there is no more to really be left to the imagination or to be written about. So consider it closed and filed away under “Been there, done that”.

I have also got my car back. I have to admit I did miss her (even if she is possessed). She is looking very red and shiny! When I went to pick her up, I had to do the obligatory walk around, make sure everything looked fine. But considering the state she was in the last time I saw her, almost anything looks better! All I need is 2 headlights intact and a bumper and nothing pushing my engine back and I’m happy! Easy to please, I know. But alas, it was not to be perfect. The left headlight wasn’t sitting right and the bonnet was sitting a bit squiff. So, back she goes on Thursday for a tweak and hopefully that’ll be that. On the way home from the panel beaters, I gave her a bit of a talking to and explained that although we have had a few fun years together, it was time for me to move on (to a car that is hopefully not possessed)

It really was great to be able to drive myself out for dinner! I am totally grateful that my parents are retired and go on holiday almost every weekend. I borrowed my mother’s car on weekends and enjoyed the semblance of independence. But nothing beats driving your own car, and not feeling like a bit of a fraud in a BMW.

The BMW is great, it has a TV, front loader and GPS in case I ever wondered exactly which street I was on and what my altitude and precise map location was. But… it’s an automatic. It really takes the mindless contentment of changing gears, using a clutch and coasting down hills in neutral out of the equation. I did once try the neutral thing, but forgot to put the car in drive to pull off again. That car can rev! It was embarrassing….

So that’s my news! I’m off to the South Coast on Saturday morning at sparrow’s fart, for a long weekend of relaxing and chilling with 7 boys and enjoying some good quality man eye candy spotting – this ALWAYS works well in a group!

I will write again upon my return!

No comments: